We are in the hotel today, because the university is closed for another national holiday. We do not know anything about this holiday except that at 6:30 a.m. there was lots of loud music outside our hotel. During breakfast, I walked to the front of the hotel and saw a few huge speakers - no live music. It was so loud that you could not have a conversation. Promptly at 8:30 a.m., the power went out and the music stopped. I would have thought that the music was powered by a generator. The power was off for the usual 90 minutes. The music did not come back. I asked the waiter about the holiday, but I did not understand his response.
Yesterday, I did not teach any classes. It was great to be in my office and have time to get caught up on some paperwork and emails. Of course, it was very hot, but a much easier day than teaching and talking over the sound of the ceiling fans.
Later today, we will walk to the book store again. We have gone through stacks of paperback books here. We can only watch so much television. We alternate between tv, reading, and working on the computer. The bookstore is next to the western type grocery store, so it will be a fun afternoon of adventure. Also we are planning on having dinner with our facilator from the unversity. He is a 23 year old guy that does everything for everyone and teaches many classes including filling in for folks that do not bother to show up for work. He is trying to get the U.S. for a master's in nursing - MSN.
Tax season is basically over for Kevin. Many clients have had their returns out on extension, so he can complete their returns at a slower pace after we return to Tampa. It is absolutely amazing that he and his assistant were able to use technology so successfully over the past few months. I had some serious doubts in the beginning, when we could not get a reliable Internet connection.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment