Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday, May 1, 2009

National Holiday in India!!

We slept late and enjoyed a leisure breakfast of reading the newspaper and drinking tea. I decided earlier this week that I would go to a day spa today. It was a treat to myself for completing my assignment at Symbiosis University. I decided against another trip to the first wellness center - one trip was enough. I made an appointment at a place called Four Fountains.

I arrived at a glamorous location located in a tall glass building. The a/c was pouring out chilled air, so I was happy upon arrival. The gentleman confirmed the scheduled treatments. I had selected a Ginger Body Salt Scrub Massage and a Facial. He told me that the scrub included an Indian Mud Herbal Wrap as a special for the holiday. He also told me that since it was a weekday and before 5:00 p.m., I would receive two additional discounts. OK with me!! I was beginning to think that I would receive money upon completion of the treatments.

Rita was my therapist for the afternoon. She spoke perfect English and the room was beautiful and spotless. She started with the salt rub massage. She was great with just the right pressure and scrubbing. I could feel the top layer of skin being polished, while removing layers of pollution. After a complete scrub, I was instructed to rinse in a frosted glass shower stall in the room. While I was rinsing, she prepared the bed for the herbal wrap. She lathered wonderful smelling herbal mud on me and wrapped me in a large plastic sheet, then she completed the process by covering me with a thick blanket. She said, "You will now soak and relax for 30 minutes, so the herbs can do their work." With a candle burning and low music, she turned off the lights and left. She returned every 10 minutes to check my comfort. After 30 minutes, I had another shower, followed by a wonderful facial. The best part was the foot massage, while the facial mask was drying. What a great idea!!

The entire process took: 2 1/2 hours of pure relaxation.

Total: 1949 RS ($38.90 US)!!

What a perfect way to enjoy the last weekday in India. I did even mind the hot rickshaw ride back to the hotel.

No comments: