Teaching today was great! The senior nursing students had another "ah-ha" experience. I taught them how to conduct basic statitical procedures using Microsoft EXCEL. They were so excited to learn this new skill. They had never heard of t-tests, so it was exciting to see them using this new skill with their little pretend datsets. Soon they will start to collect real data and now they will actually know how to analyze the data - even after I leave India. I promised that I would continue to give assistance via email as needed.
Tomorrow is another national holiday, so the university is closed. We are going to meet the other Fulbright person, Malveeka and her dad around noon. We are going to go in search of glass bangle bracelets. I'll report our success tomorrow evening.
Next week, we will be traveling to Mumbai to meet with the research team at the largest cancer hospital in India. I am very excited about this possible collaboration. The lead person has been emailing me, so I think that he is truly interested. Updates on this one later.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment